Decorating the shrine room Or interior design of the worship room is one of the very important jobs of homeowners in Vietnamese families. But how to arrange and decorate it to suit feng shui is also what many people care about. Articles below PVD Decor I would like to share with you my experiences, principles and some taboos when designing and decorating the interior of the church.
1. The role and meaning of the altar room.
Worshiping beliefs of the Vietnamese people are influenced by Chinese culture, so they have existed for a long time. Especially with the culture, morality, respecting the teacher, remembering the source when drinking water, it is more and more trusted by the people. Worshiping expresses deep gratitude for merits, upbringing, meritorious deeds, reverence of the dead, sacrificed and saints…
2. Experience in decorating the worship room according to feng shui
In Vietnamese houses, there are altars and separate worship rooms with different room styles. So many people will also have a way to decorate and how to decorate the church room difference.
In traditional Vietnamese houses, the ancestral altar is usually arranged on the top floor or is usually located in the main space of the house. The main space here is the living room where you welcome and receive guests every day. As for the apartments, which are often integrated, living room combined with beautiful worship room into space to save space, optimize space.
However, some homeowners’ opinions say that the worship of ancestors or gods should be arranged in a quiet and dignified place. Because there are the following reasons
The first, The arrangement of a private worship room will keep the private space, the image of the altar, avoid many people passing by…
Monday, According to the concept of feng shui, the arrangement of the altar, the altar room opposite the main door will bring a lot of monkeys from the outside to the inside and be easily affected by the wind.
Tuesday: With the space of the worship room often being blown by the wind, the incense burner is often shaken, which will negatively affect feng shui as well as bad things happen in the family. That’s why many homeowners often choose the model altar room partition both as a solution to cover and decorate the room space more modern and luxurious. Since then, the space of the worship room becomes more dignified and quiet.
Buddha worship room design
In Vietnam, many people are deeply influenced by Buddhism, so they often set up worship and temples to express gratitude and respect to the Buddha. Therefore, the issue of worshiping Buddha in the house is very important not only to homeowners but also to Buddhists.
In particular, in the space of the Buddha’s room, it is not advisable to design or decorate items containing salty foods, sticky rice, chicken… Because this will violate one of the five precepts of Buddhism, which is the precept of killing. Homeowners only need to display some items such as vases, chanting shelves, incense …
Decorating the design of the ancestral altar room
The design of a beautiful family worship room is not only aesthetically pleasing but also dignified and spiritual. Vietnamese people often have a saying and proverb: “When you eat fruit, remember who planted the tree, when you eat potatoes, remember who gave you the rope to plant”.
Therefore, the space of the church should be decorated and arranged in accordance with feng shui and dignified to show respect for the deceased. Sincerely to the ancestors, they will be blessed with good fortune, prosperity and happiness.
3. Principles of designing and decorating worship rooms in accordance with feng shui for Vietnamese people.
Dimensions of the altar room & altar.
The choice of the size of the altar is also one of the important factors when designing or buildingdecorate the altar room. To ensure the feng shui element, many households often choose a wall-mounted altar or an altar. Depending on the size of the house and the style of the house, homeowners can choose the appropriate model. When designing and arranging the altar, it is necessary to measure the width, height, and distance from the ground to the top edge of the altar.
Some standard feng shui altar sizes such as 38.8 cm, 42.9 cm, 52.2 cm. In which, the 38.8 cm ruler is a measure of the size of the altar, including the altar, the sarcophagus, the cottage… So you should use this ruler to determine the standard size of the altar and altar.
Design a wall-mounted altar
The popular wall-mounted altar is usually 610mm (Depth) x 1070mm (Wide) – respectively (Tai Loc – Quy Tu)
There are also some altar sizes (Depth x Width) that are also of interest such as:
· 480 mm (Tai Vuong) x 810 mm (Tai Vuong)
560 mm (Tai Vuong) x 810 mm (Tai Vuong)
560 mm (Tai Vuong) x 950 mm (Tai Vuong)
· 480 mm (Hii Su) x 810 mm (Tai Vuong)
· 480 mm (Hí Su) x 880 mm (Tien Bao)
Location and direction of the worship room.
The location and direction of the worship room are extremely important in feng shui. Here is a note you should keep in mind:
- The location of the altar should be avoided next to the kitchen wall, avoid placing the altar in the toilet, and limit placing it on the balcony.
- The time to set up the altar is usually at the time of entering the house, this is important for homeowners who value feng shui.
Color and interior materials of the altar room.
The color and material of the interior of the church is also an important factor for decorate the shrine room or interior design. Normally, the worship rooms of Vietnamese families often use walnut wood with brown color, neutral color to make furniture. Because these colors bring warmth and are quite modern to the space of the church. In addition, many homeowners also use stainless steel furniture to balance the wooden materials with the Tho par in Feng Shui.
Design the lighting system in the church room.
- The space of the worship room needs to be created a dignified and cozy atmosphere, so it should be designed with appropriate lights to ensure adequate light.
- If the area where the altar is arranged is small, you should choose a small chandelier to ensure a balance of space
- Arrange lights not to shine directly on people sitting to worship and perform rituals
- Light colors need to be in harmony, if the wall is painted in a light color, arrange fewer lights than the wall of a dark color.
- If you hang pictures, you should arrange wall lights symmetrically on both sides of the picture
4. Taboos when choosing the location of the altar according to feng shui
The arrangement of the worship room needs to comply with the following regulations, so that when designing you need to pay attention to:
- Do not place the altar under the restroom on the upper floor
- Avoid placing the altar on the wall or wall of the toilet
- The direction of the altar should not be opposite to the direction of the door
- The worship room needs to create a dignified and cozy atmosphere
- Attention should be paid to the appropriate lighting when designing the church room
5. Items used in the worship room.
- Incense bowl
- Porcelain vase
- Oil lamps or candlesticks
- Throne of the altar:
- Decorative cabinets
- Partition of the altar room
6. 20 Pictures of beautiful church room designs and decorations
Here are some beautiful altar rooms that are fully decorated and designed in a modern, modern style from the colors to the materials used and even the furniture. Each model of the church room shows the dignified beauty and decorative style of each homeowner.
Summary: Above PVD Decor shared with you the experiences, principles and taboos when decorating the church room. Hopefully this article can help you know how to arrange the right items for the space of the standard worship room according to feng shui to bring fortune, warmth and good luck in life.
I am Tran Le Vinh – Communication Director of PVD Decor Company. I am currently a Marketer, businessman, and expert in the field of feng shui furniture